Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy (late) Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was so much fun! We had my family over on Saturday afternoon to celebrate! The kids played together, fed the geckos, and had lots of fun! It was great to see Aunt Glenda and Emily, too. (I was exhausted from our garage sale that morning so I didn't take a single picture.) Tanya, we missed you! Sunday after church we headed to Sarah's house to spend time with John's side of the family. Again, it was a beautiful day full of relaxing and hanging out together.
This was probably the memory from Mother's Day that I cherish most. My sweet Addi fell asleep on me. For those of you who know her, this is not even "rare" but rather "extinct." She hasn't fallen asleep on me since she was less than a year old. Oh, it was so nice to hold my sleeping little girl!


Sarah, Laura, and Robert (I know they're going to love this picture!)

I took these pictures one morning before school. Too cute!

John's first "clutch" of python eggs were ready to hatch. John found out that it is a good idea to slit the eggs to ensure the hatching of the babies so Addi and I went down to assist. It was really interesting! We could see the veins in the eggs and, once John cut the slits, we could see the actual baby snakes. A few days later, the eggs hatched and John was excited to see that 2 of the babies are Mohaves (one is a normal python, and the other one died). He has 2 more sets of eggs that should hatch sometime after Finley is born. Speaking of Finley, she's not too far from making her appearance. Just 5 weeks to go. I go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I've dialated at all or have thinned out. We can't wait to meet our precious baby girl!

No comments: