Saturday, September 26, 2009

and the best parenting award goes to...




ME! We'll get to that story in a minute...Well, the flu has now spread to John. His symptoms are identical to mine, and we are pretty pitiful when the fever hits and the coughing spells start. I am so behind at school that I had to spend a few hours up there today. Also, we had no food in the house, so John and Addi made a quick trip to Walmart (sorry everyone at Walmart- we hope we didn't expose anyone but we have to eat). When we got home, we were both exhausted so I took Addison in our room to get in bed with me, and John went to the couch to watch a little football and rest/sleep. Our child wiggled for an hour straight and just when I thought she was falling asleep (as was I), I hear a BOOM and a shrill scream. So, that's why I get the best parenting award. My sweet child was on the floor with a scratched nose that she hit on the corner of the night stand. Neither of us napped, and I feel like a bad parent for putting her on our tall bed with me.

No comments: