Thursday, September 17, 2009

Weekly review...

It's definitely been a long week for John and me at school. We've had to finish assessments, fill out charts of assessment scores, stay after school for meetings, John had Open House until 7:30...It's been an exhausting week! BUT, it is so nice to come home and relax at the end of a long day. Here are some pictures of Addison making her first pizza for dinner one night. She had the most fun!
Addi did everything by herself. She even spooned-out and spread the sauce.

Now it's time for the cheese.

Better try it to make sure it tastes okay.

Mommy, why did you take my pizza? I was having fun!
(This is what happened when I put the pizza in the oven.)

I want it back!!!!

Ready for school!

We've had this curtain rod ready to hang now for months. I've been wanting a place to display Addison's crafts from school, so here they are! We'll change them out every few weeks. Addi loves having her crafts hanging in the playroom. We also took Addi's inside play structure apart and changed the tunnel so it would be more challenging. She now has to climb up the rungs, get in the tube, and crawl up the tube to the next level. It's pretty neat! That was John's idea...

I think this picture is so sweet!

Monday is Addison's favorite day because it's her special day with Gigi. (She loves Sundays, too, because she gets to spend time with PawPaw and Grandma at church.) Every day, Addison says, "Gigi come obuh (over) morrow." "Gigi play Addi." "Gigi come obuh soon." On Monday when we got home, Addison was dressed up in her jewelry. She and Mom had made butterflies out of paper towels.
All dolled up!

the dancing butterflies performance

One last thing about our week...tonight when we got home (late!) I overheard Addison counting...1, 2, 3, 4...6...8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13! I was floored! She usually skips 3 and goes straight to 8, 9, 10. She's never gone beyond 10. I was thinking, "Where/when did you learn to count?" And yesterday, she began singing her ABC's. I have a video of it that I'll post soon. It sounds something like this: "abcd, ghi, qrs, wxy, won't you say you love me too." I just think it's amazing how much little ones absorb! The growth and development from birth to two years is mind boggling! Oh, and her new thing is to call me "Mom" and John "Dad." She thinks it's hysterical! Not ready for that!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a super, restful weekend!

1 comment:

Malone Family said...

Now I am the one jealous of Addi's school crafts! Emerson hasn't come home with anything but an A so far. Not good! We're hoping it gets better. Hey it could only get better from here!
Love the pizza pictures and especially the one where she is tasting the cheese! So Addi! She loves her cheese!